Wednesday, January 18, 2012

'Tis the season for Garage Sale

.


My Saturday mornings in Hamilton were usually filled up with bargain hunting at Garage Sales. We would study the Friday newspaper, and made a cut-out of the places we could hunt for bargains. Our mornings would start as early as 7am. The earlier you get there, the better choices you get. When others we still in deep slumber (because it's a weekend), I would rise earlier and get prepared for this. Small change is a MUST, because you buy goods as cheap as 20cents.

Address sign to the garage sale
When I first went to a garage sale, I didnt know what to look for. A friend, Mursyidi once said, "Kak...get this rubbish basket. It's 20cent." I thought to myself why buy one here? Why couldnt I buy a new one? "Kak, this is in great condition. Take it!" And I bought it. And I bought more, and more, and more....


Traders selling at garage sales are not up in making profits. They were trying to get rid of the unused items. I think, we should practise this. If you dont want to use an item, and it has been collecting dust, why not hand it over to others? Sell it, yes...but be reasonable at putting a price for it.
of items to choose from


friendly traders


shop for goodies




I have very detailed eyes for "good" stuffs, and I would never return home empty handed. There would be books for the kids, household items and even new items at very "UNBELIEVABLE" prices. I bought a NEW bedsheet from NZ at only $1 and a 21inch TV for also a dollar.

I let go of my stuffs throught TM
Before I left New Zealand, I did not let go of my stuffs through a garage. I was lucky as there were 2 newcomers in Hamilton, so I sold to them and other items were sold through Trade Me, a website similar to Lelong where online buyers would bid on your items.

Well, enough said...I miss my Saturday mornings going around Hamilton areas treasure hunting.




No comments: