Monday, January 16, 2012

Longchamp dreams await

There are so many fakes replicas handbags in the market today, especially the Longchamp Le pliage fakes which are sold almost everywhere. But the ME in ME hate wearing fakes. If I just can't afford something, I wouldn't buy it. I wouldn't opt for fakes.

FOR EASY STORAGE
When I was at Changi Airport last year, I went into the Longchamp store and was stunned at the price of a Longcamp Le pliage tote. This tote is lightweight nylon with a leather snap flap and with leather shoulder straps. Even better is the fact that you can roll this bag up for storage. I want to have at least one from this range, I have to wait till we decide to go for a holiday over the other continent. I was lucky. A friend was on holiday in France recently, and I cheekily asked if she could buy me a tote, or two... :D.

These are not mine. But I have asked this wonderful friend to get me a long and short handle range.

The long handle Le Pliage




How to authenticate LONGCHAMP bags


  • Serial no. (AA, AE or AB) at white tag inside and yellow & white s/n at plastic cover bag are the same.
    • AA – Made in France
    • AE – Made in China
    • AB – Made in Tunisia
  • Zips are made by YKK. Can be silver plate, gold plate or blue (depend on which model)
  • Longchamp Pliages have round logo zipper pulls, which can be gold or pewter depending on what shape the bag is. The real one is extremely detailed, and on the fake the bodies of the jockey and the horse blend together.
  • Zip shown “45” for size S and M, shown 5NO for size L and XL
  • The material is thicker & smoother than fake onesThe fabric on fakes is too shiny and texture is much smoother compared with real. If a bag looks too shiny , you may want to double-check it's other features.
  • Inside, the plastic coating that lines the bag feels like plastic but not rubbery. For pastel bags (light blue, pink, so on), lining should be WHITE, not same color as outside. The tan fake above is lined in tan, when it should be white. Dark colors are lined with black or brown.
  • Flap and strap are made from genuine leather and the leather is smooth, not rough & hairy
  • Fake bag leather looks hairy and the edges jagged. Real one is also raw but is smooth and clean. On the snap itself, the fake has the words "guang tong" and real says, "ORIGINAL."
(Adapted from malaysiashoppingqueen.com & ebay.com.)


The short handle range. Nice fuschia....

I just can't wait to put my hands on 2 Longchamp Le Pliage tote bags which were flown all the way from Paris.








No comments: