Sunday, November 28, 2010

Saying goodbye is never easy...

Dr Aisyah & Dr Hazrina


The graduates & us...

The other PhD candidates at the University of Waikato
Ayu with her last words of wisdom....


Goodbyes are the beginning of new relationships. Dont be too sad over goodbyes, as it is a sign that we will be meeting again.

Ayu & Rina whom I befriended in 2007 have left home for good late Oct 2010. Rina survived her Phd and is blessed with a pair of beautiful twins right after her viva. She was the first person to teach me about surviving in NZ, taking me around garage sales and suggesting what to buy when I first started life in NZ. Ayu,on the one hand, taught me heaps about the philosphical of life. Though Ayu has left home and resuming her career as a lecturer at uum, she is still progressing in her phd...

Being in NZ for 3 years has taught me invaluable lessons about what true friendship means. In a foreign country, away from your motherland, your friends are your relatives. When yourfamily isn't there to listen to you, your hardships, your heartaches, there is no place no turn to other than your friends.

Preserving those memories that we shared is invaluable...& I thank this blog for I could share my feelings publicly to two wonderful friends....

To Dr Rina & Ayu....thank you for the friendship....

Goodbyes are not forever,
Goodbyes are not the end,
They simply mean, "I'll miss you",
Until we meet again....
~author unknown


At Dr. Rina's unit before she left home for good....



A farewell coffee session at Esquires coffee...



My farewell treat to Dr. Rina & family, and Ayu




Checking that everything is in place...at auckland international airport before departure





The girls at the farewell party I hosted...







No comments: