Tuesday, December 11, 2012

...of tea and scones

While vacationing in Cameron Highlands, I decided to take everyone up to Bala's Chalet and Restaurant for some tea and scones. The atmosphere around Bala was rather relaxing. 

Bala's Chalet & Restaurant
The scones were excellent, served with imported butter and strawberry jam.  The cream they serve with the jam was unusual: pure white in colour and very dense. I thought it could be the whipping cream, but whipping cream is usually lighter. A mouthwatering combination with the delicious scones was the tea. My hubby thought that the tea was perfect.


Beautiful scones
This combination of 2 pieces of scones and a teapot of tea costs RM22.50. I think it's a little pricey. But with the ambiance and great scones, no price is comparable to the experience.
The scones and tea are just to our liking
Hb & I posed while waiting for our order


Patiently waiting





No comments: