Saturday, January 15, 2011

You, Me and Life

Many of us take things for granted….our jobs, our friends, our spouses, our parents, our children, and our healthWe don't know what we've got until it's gone. And when we wish that it would come back, it will never will.

I just came back from the Waikato Hospital, visiting a sick friend when I realized that all this while, I never take things seriously. My health for one, that is. I have never been terribly sick during my 3 years in New Zealand, and this made me ignore the importance of good health.

Good health doesn't always come easy. We have to be healthy either physically or mentally. Controlling all the negative thoughts that worry you is a signal you have a firm control of yourself. Eating something healthy as a precaution is an excellent way of trying to cure it later in your life. We might be feeling well now and healthy. We might be indulging on foods that we love, but when the time comes, we will realize that we are not that strong superhero who can take hold of our bodies! I must remind myself to always remind my husband about the importance of good health, as a healthier man makes a wealthier woman.



A view of Lake Rotorua & Waikato Hospital

2 comments:

eL said...

very true indeed!
i just learned eating veges and lead a healthy lifestyle since my 1st year in NZ
we are getting older everyday anyway
so mmg kene jaga betul2
marilah kite same2 take care of our body, physically n mentally :)
even kat malaysia ni banyak cabaran nye!
hahah

HaniM said...

Betul elun...sakit hati lagi susah dirawati...