Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spinach & Feta Muffins



There never needs to be an excuse to eat spinach and feta – as they are a marriage made in heaven! The spinach and feta is a super classic combination. I love spinach and feta pizza, and my kids love them too. I remember having spinach and feta muffins somewhere, but it’s just too difficult to recall the cafe. The feta gives a delicious smooth, creaminess that's too difficult to explain unless you have tried it!. I suddenly had the urge to have one last week. I googled the recipe, and found this one. After sending Along to work this morning, I stopped by Magic Fresh to get some spinach. This savoury muffin would make a great brunch meal this morning!

Ingredients
200mls vegetable oil
1 egg
2 cups milk
2 cups raw spinach (compacted)
600g plain flour
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp black pepper (ground)
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
200g diced feta

Method
Preheat the oven to 190deg C fan bake or 200degC regular bake.
Put the oil, egg, milk and spinach in food processor and process until finely chopped. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients together. Fold through feta until just coated, leaving a few small cubes for placing on top of each muffin. But I didnt as I decided to use sunflower seeds instead.

Add spinach mix and combine, do not over-mix.
Place in greased muffin pans. I put some sunflower seeds on top and bake at 190degC for approximately 25 minutes. This is great with chutneys. I just eat them with butter spread.





Bon Appetit!!!!

3 comments:

Matt Sempoiii said...

wah2.... dah hebat memasak sekarang ni...
balik nanti boleh lah wat party utk kami di sini...

HaniM said...

party tak le la dr shuisma...pot luck no hal...

transformed housewife said...

tak pernah cuba buat Feta & Spinach Muffin ni. Nak cuba kat MSia, Feta mahal lg. huhu