Friday, January 7, 2011

Bag Bliss

2010 was the year when I got crazy over a few things. First, it was watches and I started collecting watches of different designer brands and of different sorts. Then I was going haywire with the china ware and began hunting for these in whatever markets I could land on.

Of late, I was passionate over bags. Yes, bags, bags, bags and more bags…which I have stored safely (or secretly???) all over the place.
My madness over bags started after watching Bride Wars. I was so overwhelmed with the bags that Anne Hathaway & Kate Hudson carried in their hands/shoulders which I found to be so tres chic.


The totes (which I fell for) used by these celebrities in the movie.

So, I started buying one bag. And the next came, and I started eyeing for more, and more. Within 6 months or less than that, I had 6 new bags. And the bags I bought were simply stunning and I hate to part with any of them!

At first, I thought all bags are just bags to me. But there are the hobos, satchels, tote, the crossbody, the top zip and you will find countless names to the bags you actually own! Let me describe (to my knowledge) in the simplest terms what these bags are.


The satchel is the doctor style bag with two handles. Sometimes there is a longer strap attached to the bag which allows you to carry the bag on your shoulder.


A hobo is a classic that many women own. It’s oval in shape with small handles which are just big enough to carry by the shoulder. I like hobos because they tend to crunch down when carried, and I thought that looks really awesome!


A Tote (pronounced toht) can hold hold everything you need! The tote was inspired by a shopping bag and can be carried either on your shoulder or by hand. I think this type of bag (like the ones in Bride Wars) makes you look trendy.

A top zip, I guess is zippered on the top. I don’t quite favour this style, so I don’t read much about this kind of handbag. The crossbody, swing pack and the messenger bag are all the same to me (in my eyes). Some designer brands give different names to their styles of bag, but these are all sling across your body. I plan to buy one as they are excellent if you are always on the go, like you travel a lot! (p.s: not that I travel a lot)


Now, I have to start hunting for shoes to match the new bags I have…..will this be my 2011 passion? Who knows?

2 comments:

Chech said...

Love the Tod's T Bag! I saw in a fashion magazine that it was designed to fit Macbook Air 13". So, you could get a new laptop, too :).

HaniM said...

I love those two used by those two....way way way beyond my budget!!!