Wednesday, October 17, 2012

From Junk to Premium




The last time we had pets was in 2007 before we moved to NZ. We used to feed our kitties with IAMS. When Anas came to us, we gave him Whiskas & Smart Heart. Only recently that I learned these are commercial cat food with lower nutritional level. Readings in the net showed that commercial cat food contain meat by products. These are the parts of the animal left over after the meat has been stripped away from the bone. "Chicken by-products include head, feet, entrails, lungs, spleen, kidneys, brain, liver, stomach, bones, blood, intestines, and any other part of the carcass not fit for human consumption," writes Henry Pasternak in Healing Animals with Nature's Cures.



.

So from Smart Heart, I changed the kitties' diet to Science Diet. This was recommended by the Vet.
And my research about cat food continues to discover that Blackwood is a premium choice of food. I wanted to try Royal Canin but from the readings I found in the net, there were too many issues about the food containing lard. There's no harm feeding a pet with non halal products, but then it is me the human who will have to handle the feeding and I wouldn't want to cleanse myself after every feeding time...As of today, I bought a packet of Blackwood for Miley and Mocha. Errkkk looks like they haven't touched their dinner yet. Will see what happens tomorrow.......


No comments: