Thursday, October 25, 2012

a Tale of two Felines


Last night we took both Miley and Mocha to Family Vet at Bandar Baru Uda. I was alarmed when I found out that Miley was on heat when she went missing last 2 days. So I decided to send her for a spay surgery.  One reason to spay Miley is to prevent her from coming into heat, and cats may have several short heat cycles in a year.




After an appointment, Miley was admitted for a day boarding and spaying. I paid RM100 for the surgery. During the surgery, the cat is given general anesthesia so that it cannot feel any pain or discomfort. The ovaries, fallopian tubes, and uterus – are removed.

Doctor's Notes~ All cats should be kept under control to avoid vigorous activity for 7 to 10 days following a spay procedure.  Be sure to check the incision daily for any signs of infection, drainage or increasing swelling.




While Miley had her surgery, I wanted Mocha to be vaccined. But Mocha had the flu. Instead of getting the vaccine shot, he was on antibiotics and flu medication. I also did a blood test on Mocha checking if he had jaundice. Remember, Dr Batu another vet told me that he could be having jaundice? Dr Ju took a sample of Mocha's blood and ran some tests.





Alhamdulilah, the blood count reading was below 0 point something level. (I'm not a big help here!) So he had no jaundice. Jaundice is often associated with liver non functioning which is abnormal for cat diseases. The blood test was RM25. So overall, I spent RM150 for my darling furkids. And the girls at the vet asked me if I am UP to adopt another one.


No comments: