Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Stingray liver on my dining table

Hubby caught two humongous stingrays last two weeks and kept the liver. It's been a while that the liver was left untouch in my fridge. Last week, some FB friends gave me suggestions on how to cook it. Amongst them were asam pedas hati pari, cake pari (oh my!), pari lemak, grilled pari and countless of suggestions were given.

I was thinking of what's for dinner tonight. It's about time I do something about the liver, but I just didn't know what to do with it! I googled the net for some stingray liver recipe but none caught my eyes. I texted hubby and asked if it was alright to make a sumptuous asam pedas with blackpepper and heaps of vietnamese mint leaves. But hubby said "hancur", so I decided to create my own recipe.

My meal was ready in less than an hour...
For the recipe...I used

Onions, Garilic, Ginger, Fresh Tumeric, Lemon Grass, Tamarind water, Cili padi, Chili powder, Blackpepper, Some milk, Kerisik, Salt, Sugar, Kafir Lime leaves...Semua agak2 aje...( I always cook using my gut feeling)

Now, all is done...I have to take a longgggg shower. I smell very 'hanyir'...

Hati Ikan Pari Masak Pedas The stingray liver from my fridge

2 comments:

Gebong said...

besarnyaaaaa!

Nina Aman said...

what does it taste like? mcm hati lembu?