Saturday, December 11, 2010

Heavenly Strawberry Fluff




Jean, a friend from Silverdale and also the owner of Newstead Apple Orchard, gave me this great & easy recipe which she has tried and tested. But before making it, be sure that your freezer has some space...you need to freeze it for 4 hours before serving it...What I did was to prepare one night ahead...

Strawberry Fluff Recipe

For the base, I used 250g of biscuits which I break them into small pieces and add melted butter with a dash of cinnamon powder to give the basesome aromatic flavour into it...

The fluff is rather easy. I beat 3 egg whites (recipe says 2...) using a mixer. I only have a hand-held mixer, so I found the beating job a little tedious...I'm putting on hope that one day hubby will buy me a kenwood mixer...Ok, back to the recipe...I add half cup of sugar into the mixture, a teaspoon of vanilla essence. Well, I do like to invent new things, so I decided to add some lemon juice into the mixture. This is the strawberry time in NZ, I put heaps of chopped strawberries into the mixture, making sure that the mixture turned pinkish..Continue beating for at least 10 additional minutes. Then, you freeze.

Thanks Jean for the recipe!! My guests, the kids and I love the fluffy!! it's really heavenly...It's like eating strawberry icecream, but a little lighter and less fatter....;)

4 comments:

Anie said...

The fluff looks yummy and the recipe is so easy....but uncooked egg whites, hmmmzz not my kinda dessert...hehehez :)

Tks for sharing the recipe kak nim, cukup ke mintak kenwood mixer?? hehehez kalau mintak kitchenaid boleh choose green kaler u XD

HaniM said...

anie, mcm mousse la...kan you beat beat samapi kembang...
okay jugak la rasanye...
tekak tak kembang punye

transformed housewife said...

hmm sedapnya. Nur dah lama tak buat baking sgt lps balik semula Msia. Rassa penat bila mula kerja balik. huhu

Unknown said...

Laaa...its tat easy. Gonna try it then n thx Nim 4 tis easydoing recipe :-)