Wednesday, June 8, 2011

An unfortunate day for a leave






Hubby took his leave today, thinking that we can finally clear our Ruby from PTP Port, but looks like our hopes drown in the drain...of which drains?? I don't know.

Let me do some recap of some events that have happened since we took Ruby home. Ruby was deported home some months ago...let's see 13th April..that was the date. She reached PTP Port on the 28th April. Nasir did the clearance for our personal effects, and we took a short ride (about 40mins drive to PTP), to check that Ruby and all our items were alright before Nasir docked them in the warehouse. We paid RM175 a week for storage. After a week, Nasir sent my goods to Pontian. I submitted my application for an AP permit 2 weeks after we landed, that was on the 25th April, and the AP was approved in 19 days. It was a joyful moment for me, and we headed to the Customs office in Larkin for a quote. We were quoted RM50k at first and we were so stunned that I nearly fell off the chair that I was sitting on. I felt that the world was coming down on me. 50K?? We asked the officers to recalculate, saying there must be an error somewhere. True enough, the second quote we got was 23k. I told the officer I wanted to appeal, but I was discouraged. But I proceeded with this appeal and we waited for another 2 weeks when we learnt that it was not approve. Hubby told me to accept "what has been written", but me being me, was still unsatisfied over this. I called up the Dato' Pengarah, but it was just too bad he was held up in a meeting. I called up the Timb. Pengarah but was informed that he was on a week long course. Hmmm...so we just made a bank draft of 23k, went to PTP Port hoping that Ruby can finally be taken home.
Opps...the customs took almost half a day trying to release Ruby, but the system with MITI and Customs had some errors. So we finally went home empty handed.

This morning, we thought we could settle everything. Hubby took a day leave, we drove to RTD, and bought a birth cert.for Ruby. Nasir called us when we were in RTD. Another error. Customs PTP could not link the system, and they have to wait for another 3 days...Ouch!!!! At the moment I'm writing, we (both hubby and i) are just staring at the four walls in the house. Ruby is still at PTP, the car that was loaned to us was in the workshop for engine failure since yesterday, and the other car we have is just too small for the 4 of us to drive around. We were just too distraught with what we had to encounter.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

missed you kak nim :)

HaniM said...

miss u too zila

HaniM said...

I just learned that it wasn't the Customs that delayed the release of Ruby. It was Nasir, the agent...and I AM SO STRESSED with this situation I am dealing with!! And he had the cheek to give me a WHITE LIE this afternoon when he called. He didn;t know that I'd investigate every details.

ZHasim said...

K Nim, how much did you pay the agent? Why did he delay the delivery? Nak soh byr lebih ke? Siot je agent cenggitu.

HaniM said...

Total, we paid him 2700. That include..parking fee for 1 month at the port, and transport charges (1 tonne lorry) from PTP to my kampung. I cuma tunggu kat kampung saja...BTW, bila Zu balik?

HaniM said...

Tak ada la...dia delay sbb nak pi cuti cuti malaysia...