Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Coffee Talk

When did I ever start drinking coffee? I think it was when we had breakfast at Quality Hotel, KL..and we were served with roasted coffee. Then, I started having this craze for good coffee. I always remind myself to make a distinction between coffee, kopi, Nescafe. To some people Nescafe is coffee. Not for me though. Nescafe tastes yucky (cheh…berlagak..tu la yang hang minum dulu). & when I am making reference to “kopi” that’s kopi Malay style…that black, sweet coffee.

My vanilla latte at the Chocolate Lounge


I have to start my day with a mug of coffee. I normally have Moccona coffee which I brought home from New Zealand. Or the most “chaukia” coffee, I would make myself Nescafe GOLD. No Nescafe Classic, please. I just hate the taste! At around 10, I’ll make myself another mug of coffee (if I am at home). At the uni, Mazura is my coffee companion. We’ll slip into the staff pantry (of course postgraduates are invited) around 11 and make our favourite coffee from the dispenser. I would normally have either the Latte or the Mocha. Mazura on the one hand will have hot chocolate…And around 2pm, I have my next cup of coffee. My coffee craze ends till maybe 6 or 7pm? Now tell me. I am so immuned that coffee has no effect at all on me!






Flavour? I love caramel latte. I tasted chilli coffee at the Station, but it wasn’t quite to my liking. Mochachino is ok with me.

I go out for coffee once in a while. It’s the lifestyle actually that attracts me into going out for good coffees. Having coffee conversations is great. You can have a one hour conversation over a small cup of coffee! I remembered spending 2 hours at Urge, Hamilton having coffee with my hubby and Fid with Noorwan. We had a talle one each, and later before we left ordered another talle coffee.

Caramel latte & Mochachino at Esquires




My mocha with strawberry shot at Esquires Downtown


My caramel latte with carrot cake at esquires Manukau Chartwell


How I wish we have more cafes like those in NZ back home. This craze for coffee suddenly inspires me to open a coffee cafĂ© one day…





Mocha & latte at Momentos by the Uni Lake


Chocolate Vienna & Caramel Latte at the Gardens



Mochachino at the Rouge, Cambridge



My beautiful mocha at Pumice Terapa



My beautiful mocha at Pumice Frankton



My mocha at Mc Cafe 5 Cross Road



My mocha at Mc Cafe Frankton


My mocha at Jack's Coffee Lounge



Another favourite mocha at Hazel Eyes




Coffee & Chocolate treat at the Chocolate Lounge


1 comment:

marsyilla said...

amin..if u open coffee house.we'll definitely be your regular customer!