Thursday, August 18, 2011

Raya Shopping

Is raya shopping necessary? After spending 4 years in a foreign land, we didn't bother to do any Raya shopping. I didn't put in any budget to buy clothing for my kids. Is it really necessary to have a change of wardrobe for Raya. My family doesn't have a specific time for shopping. We shop and buy stuff when we feel like it...I would say it's a year round thing...
We buy a change of outfits during the Easter holidays, or Boxing Day. I must admit that I have plenty of clothing, mostly tops which I have yet to wear. I have unused handbags and shoes which are waiting eagerly to be "shown off".

So why do Raya shopping? No answer...

For this year's Raya, I sent a set of baju kurung and baju melayu to the tailor, not because it's for Raya, but because hubby needs a baju melayu for work on Fridays, along needs one for his univ clothing, anga needs one as most of his baju melayus are getting small. Ain doesn't have any baju kurung at all. The ones that she used to have were small, and when we got home in April, I made (forced???) my nieces donate their old kurungs/kebayas to my daughter. Knowing that she doesn't quite like wearing baju kurung, why bother buy more for her? One should be enough! As for me, I sent 5 cotton materials to the tailor for new baju kurungs. Well, for raya is one...but most importantly I'm getting prepared to get some outfits when I return to work in November. Well, what can I say...I'm getting bigger each day! :)

2 comments:

Chech said...

I recently found baju kurung to be very comfortable. Particularly baju kurung Pahang. So, I am getting myself more baju kurung just because they are comfortable :).

Selamat kembali bekerja, Puan Hanim.

HaniM said...

I quite like Baju Kurung Riau...but have yet to tempah one. The baju kurungs I have are mostly Baju Kurung Pesak, Johor style...