Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Strengthening English Language Teaching

Kak Linda spent a nite at the hotel where the conference was held. We had an elaborate Chinese course dinner...
The teachers posing for the camera...





My room @ 908
The goody bag

I attended an ELTC-TED conference 2011 at the Royale Bintang Resort & Spa, and was surrounded by groups of English teachers. As a presenter at a workshop session, my presence at this conference was fully funded by the Ministry of Education. I see this experience to be very positive as I get a first hand information about what teaching language is like at schools. The KSSR syllabus has just been implemented to Year 1 pupils this year. It's about time language arts is implemented in our school system with the "FUN" factor to be prominent. But the problem about the "FUN" thing is how FUN can be assessed in an education system such as ours.

No comments: