Thursday, March 10, 2011

Nasri & Engineering

It's been a while since I last updated my blog. Too busy? Or my mind was not at peace....
I've been rather busy lately getting us prepared to make another shift, a shift of life.........before I ponder into this deeper, I'm going to write about engineering. I knew nothing about engineering and have never been interested to know what engineers do. When my son, Nasri decided to study engineering, I thought to myself..."why should he be doing it when we have put into his head that someday, he's going to be an architect". But I guess, this is all fated. he was supposed to apply for Architecture studies in Victoria Univ of Wellington, but decided to apply for Engineering at Auckland University, and as soon as his Level 3 NCEA results were released, University of Waikato offered him the same area of study. We did discuss about financial constraints, and decided to apply for MARA loan, but the options about MARA loan is that you'll be bogged down with debts to MARA even after you have worked. When there was an opening at Multimedia University in Cyberjaya, I said to him..."apply for a place"...and so WE DID!! WE as I was the one pushing him all the way. The offer came in, first to do a Creative Multimedia course which he turned down, then an Electronic Eng. and finally in Electrical Eng. I told him to go ahead and accept the offer but "nahhh, I want to do Architecture. Let's wait for UIA to give me an offer".
Nasri should be thankful to have ME as I was the one making all the emails communication and making phone calls....I was worried that because he doesn't have any SPM, he might not be able to pursue tertiary studies in Malaysia. Last week when I called UIA, they said something like "it's difficult to process our applications as we are lacking in supporting documents and bla bla bla...but yesterday came to a surprise when Noraida, the officer in UIA that I was in contact with, broke me the news that he's been accepted to do Engineering. We were hopeful that he'll be doing Architecture instead. Why Engineering Puan Noraida? That's my son's second choice. He's been wanting to do Archi.... "Oh...that's because he put engineering as his FIRST choice and the committee has decided to offer him that!"
NASRI!!!!!!

3 comments:

Bicara Legal said...

hahaha, napa dia letak engineering as his 1st choice? saya pun confuse... :p

Bicara Legal said...

lupa plak k nim... ni saya (wife kerul)... hehehhe

HaniM said...

ntah la kak ngah...saya pun x tau...minat architecture, tapi bubuh engineering...dia mcm berbelah belah gitu pikiran dia... :)